Friday, December 5, 2008

I feel like throwing up....

The embryologist just called while I was in the middle of Target and said 2 of the 3 embryos we were thawing for transfer later today died and the last one's shape doesn't look right. What the hell does that mean?
Anyway, she said they would call me back around 4 or 5 this afternoon and let me know whether it reshaped or not. If it does we can go through with the transfer with the one embryo.
I just feel sick inside - it's like being given a worse chance of surviving a surgery than right before you were prepped. And this cycle seemed to be going so well - lining was good, lots of mucus, etc.
I don't have a clue how we would cycle again anytime soon since the husband got laid off and had to take a significant pay cut for his new job, not to mention no insurance help with these treatments.
I know that waiting with your breath held is part of becoming a mother and will continue throughout my child's life, but why does it have to be so damn hard to get there in the first place?

2 comments:

Nadine said...

This is so scary and is my own nightmare, I'm so attached to my little frozen embryos that it's so crushing to imagine them not making it. Hope things turn around.

B. said...

I just wanted to add my best wishes and good karma to the situation. If I were the praying type, my prayers would be with you. Instead, my thoughts and wishes are.